It is one of Dr. Conners cardinal rules that health depends on eliminating wastes and he wants everyone to be having a regular BM on a daily basis. Below are some steps that are somewhat in order of what to try first, second and so on. It is fine to do more than one of these at the same time. For each approach listed below, try for a day or two. If you have little or no success, add another approach or call and schedule a time with Dr. Conners.
- Fiber – taking SunFiber is a big help. Also, eating whole fruits and vegetables is so important.
- Magnesium and Vitamin C – take 500-700 mg Magnesium Citrate or Magnesium Malate with 1000-1500 mg Vitamin C one to two times per day.
- Prune juice – drinking some good old-fashioned prune juice everyday can often do the trick.
- Senna Tea – Senna is an herb. Celestial Seasons makes a Smooth Move tea that works well. The longer you steep it, the stronger it is, so be aware of this. Drinking one glass or more before bed usually helps by morning.
- Dr. Schultz Formula One – this is an herbal formula that works very well to produce a healthy BM. Start with one or two before bed and play with the dosage so you don’t get diarrhea.
- Coffee Enemas – even if you are already doing these, increasing the number per day can really help. Coffee enemas help cleanse the liver and stimulate the vagal nerve and colon function. You can also do an enema with probiotics, warm water, Epsom salts, and olive oil.
- Colonics – visiting a clinic that specializes in colonic therapy can be beneficial to help clean out the gut. However, beware of doing more than just a few sessions regardless of what they are trying to sell you as you can flush your good flora with high colonics as well. Stick to 3-4 sessions to start.
ALSO: Positioning oneself correctly for a BM is essential. Using a Squatty Potty can really help. See link: http://www.squattypotty.com/d-28/
Dr. Conners graduated with his doctorate from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1986 and has been studying alternative cancer care for over 20 years. He holds AMA Fellowships in Regenerative & Functional Medicine and Integrative Cancer Therapy.
He is the author of numerous books including, Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause, Cancer Can’t Kill You if You’re Already Dead, Help, My Body is Killing Me, Chronic Lyme, 3 Phases of Lyme, 23 Steps to Freedom, and many more you can download for FREE on our books page.