Conventional Cancer Treatment Tactics
Conventional doctors may try and get you to immediately move forward and schedule chemotherapy and/or radiation. Understand, taking their conventional treatments first may NOT be your best decision because:
- Alternative cancer treatments may have a higher success rate than conventional treatments in your case. It may be the best thing for you to address the environment of cancer growth and your overall health before you seek conventional care.
- Conventional treatments ravage your body so severely, that it will be more difficult for alternative treatments to work if alternatives are taken after the conventional treatments. Alternative treatments do NOT ‘kill’ cancer like chemotherapy. They require a healthy body since it is necessary for your immune system to do the ‘fighting’.
- Chemotherapy and radiation may cause cancer to spread, and even if it does ‘knock down’ the original cancer, it leaves stronger stem cells and drug-resistant cells behind. Surgery may also spread cancer. Regardless of the decision making process, cleaning up the body with detoxification and building up the immune system is essential.
The smart patient says, “I want to know all the side effects and the success rates of the different treatments that can be used in my case and I will call your office for an appointment when I decide which treatment I want.” Those who simply turn their care over to their doctor because he knows best do poorly under any doctor’s care. You MUST take responsibility for your healing!
A Different Approach, the New Paradigm
Smart cancer patients ask tough questions. They want to know WHY the cancer started growing in their body. They want to know WHY the environment around the cancer cells ‘allowed’ it to ‘take hold’. They want to know if there are UNDERLINING CAUSES. They want to FIX the underlining causes so their body can cure itself. Alternative treatment does NOT kill cancer, only your body can do that. From an integrative perspective, we want to correct the environment that allowed the disease. “Integrative” doesn’t mean “anti-medical”; it means “to sanely work together for the betterment of the patient”. Chemotherapy and radiation may be the best option! However, if not coupled with correction of the cause, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that the cancer has a pretty good chance of re-appearing.
I was recently giving an educational talk on cancer and overall health and mentioned that someone with cancer MUST change they milieu that precipitated the cancer growth or simply doing conventional chemo, radiation, and/or surgery may result in the cancer ‘coming back’. Apparently that statement didn’t sit well with one listener who was not happy with the insinuation that her oncologist was wrong when he told her she was ‘cancer-free’. Let’s make one thing very clear: NONE of us are EVER ‘cancer free’! I would never, ever if it were legal for me to do so, tell a patient that they are cancer free. Does that sound pessimistic? Too bad; my job is NOT to be a foolish optimist; it is to be a realist. There is ALWAYS hope for survival, but don’t kid yourself into thinking you ‘have it licked’. Turn cancer into a chronic condition that you will ‘deal with’ and ‘keep at bay’ by continuing to do the right things! A false sense of security breeds failure of proper action which leads to catastrophe.
After ANY treatment choice is attempted, medical re-assessment is necessary/useful. The reexamination will show one of three things:
- The cancer has diminished and the patient will know that he/she is on the right course. Don’t stop and slip back to your previous lifestyle thinking that a medical miracle will bail you out of the consequences of your irresponsibility. Stay the course!
- The cancer has remained the same and the patient will know that they still have time to try other approaches. Sometimes “no change” is exactly what you want to hear as often it means that your body has ‘walled-off’ the tumor! Stay the course!
- The cancer has advanced and the patient will know that the treatment they took didn’t completely work. Remember, it is very possible that without the chosen plan of care that you may not have even made it to the re-exam. If your cancer has progressed, re-assess your treatment plan and consider adding new ideas and new approaches. At this point the patient can either abandon the current course or add other alternatives.
If something IS working, DON’T STOP. If it is NOT working, try something else! One needs no advanced degrees to understand this logic. I particularly don’t care to know, nor am I intelligent enough to understand, all the mechanisms of HOW every, specific treatment works; I just care that it DOES!
A few months ago a patient entered my office with a diagnosis of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL), also known as chronic lymphoid leukemia (CLL), scheduled at Mayo for treatment postponed for 30 days at the patient’s request to “try” an alternative therapy. We had 30 days to make a difference; I had little hope given the short time we had to make a difference. Conservative care proved miraculous when she went back to her oncologist to hear, “whatever you’ve been doing, don’t stop.” The cancer was undetectable! Remember, we didn’t ‘treat her cancer’; we aided her own nervous and immune response to help her body do the work – but it DID work and her oncologist cared enough to ‘not care how’ and tell her to ‘not stop’.
These types of stories are claimed antidotal, unbelievable, false, or simply the result of the placebo effect. I don’t care! If my patients get better from the placebo effect – at least they got better! Heck, most my patients would let me throw angel dust on them if they thought it would help. Call me crazy but I think people just want to get better at a fair price and are not looking to over-analyze everything and remain sick. “I just want to get better.” “I’ve been given NO hope.” “My oncologist won’t even talk to me.” These are all comments I hear too often.
People often ask me how the Rife (a light frequency generator we highly recommend) works. Though I share my theories, I tell them honestly, “I have no idea.” Does that discount its validity? Everyone has a liver, but few could explain its functions, yet their liver still works. They don’t care, as long as it’s working. I don’t (nor does anyone else) know exactly how every vitamin, mineral or enzyme works. No one yet has figured out exactly how aspirin works! Disease treatment is no different; I am most interested in what works and that it works; it is only my inquisitive mind that desires to know how.
The Foundation of Conventional Medicine is Sand
One of the most important theories of conventional medicine is known as monomorphism. It is based on the work of Louis Pasteur. On his deathbed he admitted that he was wrong and Bechamp (Pierre Antione) who promoted pleomorphism was right. The two (and their perspective camps) carried out on-going arguments on health/illness theories that greatly shaped society’s approach to treatment. Conventional medicine has clung to monomorphism to the detriment of patients everywhere.
Monomorphism vs Pleomorphism
Under pleomorphism, bacteria and other microorganism are not seen as dangerous, invasive or pathogenic, nor infectious in most instances. They are seen as performing simple, necessary cleanup functions in response to cues from the local body tissues. Thus, it would make sense that one would treat an infectious illness by simply adjusting the inner terrain (the environment) of the body to allow it to become more healthful, thus eliminating the need for the presence of the “infectious” organisms. Any attempt to treat an infectious illness with antibiotics or other “aggressive” means (monomorphism) would be seen, in most cases, as short-sighted and would be attempting to treat a symptom of a deep imbalance, rather than addressing the deep imbalance. Further antibiotics and other aggressive antimicrobial means would actually further imbalance and disrupt the inner terrain, thus eventually leading to further degeneration.
So it is with cancer; though we want to destroy the growing cancer, we want to do so by improving the body’s ability to heal, change the internal environment, and the cancer has no foothold.
This was an excerpt from Dr Conners’ book, Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause.
Dr. Conners graduated with his doctorate from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1986 and has been studying alternative cancer care for over 20 years. He holds AMA Fellowships in Regenerative & Functional Medicine and Integrative Cancer Therapy.
He is the author of numerous books including, Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause, Cancer Can’t Kill You if You’re Already Dead, Help, My Body is Killing Me, Chronic Lyme, 3 Phases of Lyme, 23 Steps to Freedom, and many more you can download for FREE on our books page.