Pre-clinical and clinical studies have proven that periodic fasting, done for several consecutive days, is a very powerful intervention that our bodies learned to naturally cope with by protecting and rejuvenating itself. These two factors are both anti-aging measures that offer additional health benefits. Our 5-Day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet has been clinically tested and found to promote beneficial effects in a wide variety of conditions ranging from excess weight and fasting blood glucose, to growth factors associated with DNA damage and aging.
A recent randomized, controlled trial of 100 subjects, of which 71 completed 3 cycles of ProLon either in a randomized phase (N=39) or after being crossed over from a control diet group to the Fasting Mimicking Diet group (N=32). Control subjects continued their normal diet. ProLon participants consumed the fasting mimicking diet (FMD) for 5 consecutive days per month for
3 months. Measurements were performed prior to the diet (Before) and during the recovery period after the 3rd cycle (After).
IGF-1 levels decreased which is significant for cancer patients and one of the main reasons we suggest this diet. Studies have shown that cancer patients with higher IGF-1 level don’t fair as well as those able to keep their IGF-1 lower. Diet is typically considered the main contributing factor to keeping this under control.
The ProLon clinical trials protocol included three consecutive cycles of ProLon (5-day only per month over three consecutive months). This is what we typically recommend. If a patient is not overweight and eats and exercises well, we suggest the product 1-2 times a year.
Who Should Not Use ProLon®
- Children under the age of 18
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Individuals who are allergic to nuts or soy
- Individuals with a Body Mass Index (BMI) <18
- Individuals diagnosed with serious medical condition or disease, unless approved in writing by a physician appropriately trained to treat that condition
- Individuals who have been severely weakened by a disease or medical procedure
- Individuals who are taking medications which may not be safely consumed with a calorie restricted diet unless authorized in writing by a licensed physician
- Individuals with Diabetes (type 1 and type 2), cardiovascular disease and cancer, unless approved in writing by a licensed physician. ProLon® should never be combined with glucose lowering drugs, such as metformin or insulin
- Fasting is prohibited for individuals with particular metabolic diseases, such as those affecting gluconeogenesis.
- Individuals with a history of significant cardiac disease, particularly uncompensated congestive heart failure NYHA grade 2 or more or LVEF <40% on any prior assessment
- Individuals with a history of syncope (fainting) with calorie restriction or other medical co-morbidities
- Individuals who have special dietary needs that are incompatible with the ProLon® meal plan
- Individuals with liver or kidney disorders that may be affected by the very low glucose and protein content of the diet
The 5 Day Fasting Mimicking Diet™, or FMD, is the first meal program made of healthy natural ingredients that is consumed for five days – but is not recognized in cellular pathways as food. This keeps the body in a fasting mode. In simple terms, it is fasting with food!
The Fasting Mimicking Diet is shown to promote longevity, overall health, and reduce excess fat in just 5 days… allowing you the freedom to return to your regular lifestyle.
This nutritional breakthrough was scientifically developed and clinically tested at the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California. Led by Dr. Valter Longo, the USC Longevity Institute unites multidisciplinary aging research approaches to enhance the healthy years of life.
NOTE: All of the above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Dr. Conners graduated with his doctorate from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1986. He holds AMA Fellowships in Regenerative & Functional Medicine and Integrative Cancer Therapy.
He is the author of numerous books including, Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause, Cancer Can’t Kill You if You’re Already Dead, Help, My Body is Killing Me, Chronic Lyme, 3 Phases of Lyme, 23 Steps to Freedom, and many more you can download for FREE on our books page.