- Exercise is defined as movement. The more you move, the healthier you may be (within reason). Focused exercise is purposeful movement.
- Get involeved in a Focused Exercise practice for 15-30 minutes, five days per week. This is our goal.
- We do NOT want to aim for exhaustive exercise (often called a ‘cardio-workout’). This will produce too much lactic acid that can drive cancer.
- We want to aim for relaxing, enjoyable exercise. Weights can be a good choice as well. Start slow and continue to progress.
- Another helpful hint: Avoid sitting for long periods. For each hour of sitting, stand up and walk for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate movement into your daily routine by getting a step monitor that counts your steps. This can make a ‘game’ out of ‘getting your steps in’ and can make you aware of your habits.
New To Exercise
- Walking, swimming, or yoga is a good way to introduce your body to movement.
If you have been working out regularly, aim for at least 30 minutes daily and again, don’t push your workouts to exhaustion. A weekly routine that involves 2-3 days of resistance training plus 3-4 days of aerobic exercise provides essential endurance and strength conditioning.
Incorporate yoga, flexibility, and mobility exercises several days per week.
Study protocol: an evaluation of the effectiveness, experiences and costs of a patient-directed strategy compared with a multi-faceted strategy to implement physical cancer rehabilitation programmes for cancer survivors in a European healthcare system; a controlled before and after study. IJsbrandy C, Ottevanger PB, Groen WG, Gerritsen WR, van Harten WH, Hermens RP. Implement Sci 
Dr. Conners graduated with his doctorate from Northwestern Health Sciences University in 1986 and has been studying alternative cancer care for over 20 years. He holds AMA Fellowships in Regenerative & Functional Medicine and Integrative Cancer Therapy.
He is the author of numerous books including, Stop Fighting Cancer and Start Treating the Cause, Cancer Can’t Kill You if You’re Already Dead, Help, My Body is Killing Me, Chronic Lyme, 3 Phases of Lyme, 23 Steps to Freedom, and many more you can download for FREE on our books page.